1.15.2010

Pumpkin Muffins

There are so many wonderful things you can make with a can of pumpkin!  Today I have for you a fantastic recipe for Pumpkin Muffins, or Pumpkin Bread if you'd rather.  My 10 year old daughter, instead of a cake, wanted these for her birthday!  The other kids were a little confused... but she was perfectly delighted with these!  I tend to think of pumpkin as more of a fall/winter thing, but these are just so great year-round.  Also they freeze very well and are really handy to have on school mornings.  Make some!  They're so easy.




Pumpkin Muffins

2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup chopped nuts, optional

Directions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.  Using a whisk works pretty good.  Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin - about 10 muffins.  You can also make bread by pouring it into a greased loaf pan.   For muffins, bake 20-25 minutes.  For bread, about one hour, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. 

1 comment:

  1. I tried your recipe and I have never tasted better pumpkin muffins. They were so delectable! I did a post of them on my blog:

    http://leahhg.wordpress.com/2011/09/04/pumpkin-muffins/

    Thank you for sharing.

    P.S. I found the recipe on food.com and decided to check out your blog and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete